Serving Martial Artists of All Styles everywhere
This has been the purpose of the Independent Martial Arts Federation (IMAF) since Robert Shook, Kirk Simmons and Chuck Harrison founded it in 1999 to provide practioners, regardless of style or affiliation, with rank recognition, school support and training opportunities.
The three, with combined martial art experience of over 70 years and black belts in hapkido, jujitsu and kenpo, had suffered the ups and downs of training in schools that frequenty changed locations or instructors. Even more frustrating were the organizations that dictated where, when and what they could learn. Confident that others had the same experiences, Shook, Simmons and Harrison decided to create a federation where the member came first.
MISSION AND PURPOSE
- To establish an independent organization to support martial artists of all Styles;
- To function without arbitrary decision-making, dictates and exorbitant fees;
- To recognize members' rank based on demonstrated skills;
- To promote the growth of instructors and their schools;
- To promote the growth of members as martial artists.
We offer our active members:
- Promotion opportunities
- Home Study Courses to broaden your martial arts training
- Great support and service without dictates or politics
- Student membership packages for instructors
- Information resources including: Select Martial Arts Styles Info, Select Martial Arts Lineage Charts (Adobe Reader required), and Martial Arts Bibliography.
- Listing on our school directory page
black belt home study series
These systems are organized into three ranks – green, brown and 1st black – and teach effective, real-world self-defense skills that are easily and quickly learned. Each black belt series includes a FREE membership, a $45 value! Visit Our Ebay Store to purchase!
Close Quarter Fighting presents cross-art self-defense techniques based on the close quarter combat skills taught to Allied forces in World War II.
Systems and styles represented in the IMAF: Tae Kwon Do, Jujitsu, Hapkido, Kenpo, Goju, Kung Fu, Wing Chun, Bak Yong Do, Shotokan, Judo, Shorin-Ryu, Tang Soo Do, Escrima/Arnis, Hapchidado, Nagare Do Sogo Ryu, Aikijujutsu, Iaijutsu, Shaolin Kung Fu Viet Quyen Dao, Kazoku Kai Karate, Pyon Moo Sul, Kanousei Ryu Ninjutsu, Aikido and others.
We have members in: Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Maryland, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, Washington, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Germany, Great Britain, Iran, Latvia, Singapore, Sweden, Venezuela and Russia.